In 2015, at the first ever Cowgirl Re-union, best friends Stefanie Travers, artist, mentor and horsewomen extraordinaire and Alexa Linton, animal intuitive, Equine Sport Therapist, teacher and author, came together with fifteen incredible women and their horses for three days of adventure, connection and frolic. In the middle of it all, they looked at each other with awe and tears in their eyes as they realized that what they had created, The Cowgirl Re-union, had taken on a life of its own.
Part of the inspiration was Stefanie’s favourite piece of country, the range lands around beautiful Merritt, BC (we’re talking amazing wide open spaces, lakes, sagebrush, riding forever, wildlife and sacred sites). Another piece was our combined passion for the way of the bridle horse and connecting with our inner and somewhat wild cowgirls. And yet another part of things is our mutual desire to understand the meaning of things and dive deeper and deeper into our knowing of self.
The Cowgirl Re-union 2019 is in the calendar for July 24-28th! With a number of gals already raring to go for our 2019 event, we would recommend getting your deposit in early. And with incredible cowgirls joining us – Sassy Six-Gun aka Audrey Sayevich, Christa Miremadi, Jana Hunter and equine photographer Candice Camille, plus sixteen cowgirls just like you – the 2019 Cowgirl Re-union will be an adventure like you’ve never experienced.
It’s time to find your self in the saddle. So strap on your chaps, load up the horses and get your inner cowgirls up here! It’s time for us to let our hair down and ride head-long to wherever our cow ponies take us.
A little tour of 7 Half Diamond Ranch outside of Merritt, BC…
You will come away with the most incredible memories of the best horse camp ever….
Above photos by Candice Camille. We’re so excited to have her back!! See more of her work here.
What we’ll be up to…
- Rides out with Horsewoman extraordinaire Stefanie Travers as our tour guide! If you’ve never been on a ride out with Stef you’re in for a fantastic adventure. There will also be a few oh-my-god-it’s-early long trots!
- Daily teachings for you and your horse with Stefanie and Alexa and special guests. You’re going to walk away from this camp feeling more at home in your body and your saddle then you ever have.
- Adventures with Animal intuitive and Energy alchemist Alexa Linton. We’ll be playing with embodiment and energy in ways that connect you powerfully to your horse, your life and your world.
- Cowgirl dress-up (complete with corsets, hoopskirts, gowns and rifles) and shooting practice with Audrey Sayewich aka Sassy Six-gun!
- You’ll learn a few special massage techniques from Equine Sport Therapist Alexa Linton that will have your horse floating on cloud 9.
- Qi gong and more with Christa Miremadi of Horsemanship from the Heart. So good!
- Plenty of photo shoot opportunities with professional photographer Candice Camille to capture your essence, your alter-ego (once the costumes begin!), and your very cool partnership with your horse.
- Music around the campfire (or if there’s a fire ban, just music and hanging out) so if you’re a’ playin’ kinda gal, be sure to pack your Guitar/kazoo/drum kit.
A little tour around 7 Half Diamond Ranch…
The where, the when, the who, the what and the how…
Four (and yes, you will be falling into bed at night in a great way) days with Stefanie Travers, Alexa Linton, photographer Candice Camille, Sassy Six-Gun aka Audrey Sayevich, Christa Miremadi, and more, plus sixteen fabulous horse women just like you.
You arrive at 7 Half Diamond Ranch (more pictures of this beautiful place below) after 12pm in the afternoon on Wednesday July 24th and head out the evening of Sunday July 28th before 5pm (you can stay one more night if needed, for those that are joining us from afar – just chat with us) so that you can get back home for work on Monday (darn it!).
There is lots of room for your horses and your trailers, RV’s and tents (no hookups available so a generator is recommended). It will be just the right amount of rustic! There is electricity, showers, washrooms, running water, access to a full kitchen, and more. Cell phone coverage is limited – we are going back to the basics and unplugging – back to the cowgirl way of life!
If you don’t have a live-in horse trailer or camper, and you’re not so keen on tenting it, accommodations are available in the beautiful bunkhouse for an additional $50/night (only 4 bunkhouse spaces available so reserve early, these go quick!). The bunkhouses are fully equipped with full beds (2 per bunkhouse), kitchens and washrooms. Just let us know when you send in your deposit and we’ll reserve a space for you.
There are small safe corrals for your horses. This is incredible riding country with lots of rangeland and variety and Stefanie and I can’t wait to show you all around by horse back.
There is a large kitchen area in the saloon to share as well as shower facilities. The town of Merritt is about a 30 minute drive away if you need extra supplies.
The cost for this entire experience is $995 plus GST
(early bird pricing if paid in full by June 1st, 2018. $1095 + GST after June 1st, 2018)
What this includes:
Your horse accommodations (but not horse hay or feed), your campsite, Saturday dinner on us, and the entire cowgirl experience with Stefanie, Alexa, Sassy Six-guns, Christa, our photographer Candice Camille (10 professional photo files!) and more. Plus lots of surprise goodies!
For food, we ask you to bring your own hearty breakfast and lunch and one potluck dinner item to share on one of our nights together (all dinners are potluck except for Saturday).
If you would like to bring your live-in horse trailer or camper that works great, we’ve got lots of room, and if you’d like a cozy bed in one of the bunkhouses onsite (2 people/bunkhouse) it is an additional $50/night. We are stoked about getting a fantastic group of women together to come ride, learn, and celebrate with us.
A $250 deposit reserves your space and spaces go quick.
The first sixteen confirmations we receive are our gals (we’ll be taking a wait list too just in case). We’ve got several gals confirmed already!
So if you’re feeling it, get it in your calendar and pay your deposit below. See you and your horse there!